Re: Wheel sizes (photo request)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel sizes (photo request)
From: Malcolm McDonald <malcolm@daviesisland.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:05:58 -0500
Maybe I am suffering from cabin fever also but I too am looking for a set of
new wheels for my Tiger. I have some cheep looking after market wheels on my
car and I can't bring myself to putting the original steel rims back on.

I really like the look of the original LAT70 rims that Sunbeam Specialties
carries.  I believe their rims only come in 13". Does anyone have any
experience with these rims.

Also, from a performance standpoint.. bigger is usually better. What is your
opinions on the optimal size for a performance tire? 14" or 15" I know this
is a subjective question but I would appreciate you feedback.

Thanks,
Malcolm
B382100317LRXFE

> From: Tiger289@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:45:49 EST
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Wheel sizes (photo request)
>
> Michael,
> I too am considering Panasport wheels. I am tired of my old ones I got 15
> or so years ago. I think I am going for the 15" because of the larger tire
> selection. Panasport has a web page   panasport.com  with photos. Let me know
> what you decide.
> Andy  (San Diego)

Hello all,

Well I am getting cabin fever, as my tiger has been parked for six weeks: it
is time to buy something for it. I have decided on Panasport wheels but I
can't decide between the 14" and the 15", based solely on looks. This is so
subjective that I wonder if someone can steer me to some photos of 14" and
15"
on tigers. I have seen combinations with 'too much wheel' for my taste, and
I'd hate to spend the money and not be happy. I looked through the Big Bear
photos, and seen some I liked and some I didn't but I don't know the wheel
sizes (some could be 16", or even 17").

Thanks in advance

Michael McBeth in Edmonton: yesterdays high 0 degrees F, today 32 F (warm to
us)