Adjusting hinges

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjusting hinges
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:23:06 -0800

First, as to the body shop, they did have the doors perfectly aligned and
square - and is more than happy to have my bring the car back for them to
adjust it further.  They are just far away and it's a royal pain in the
butt for me to get time to get out there - and close to impossible if I
have to leave the car.

Second, I just had an additional idea about aligning the doors.  The hinge
is like a "V" when the door is closed - the two sides are not parallel when
the door is closed - like a "U".  The side of the V on the body is
perpendicular to the car, but the side of the V on the door is angled
(slightly, but still angled).  If you slide the hinge on the body, that
will move the door in and out.  But, if you slide the hinge on the door,
that will actually move the door forward and back!  For all I know, there
is still not enough travel to move it to where I need it.  But, rest
assured, I'll sure be trying tonight though.  I might even be able to
elongate the holes in the door to get a little more travel if needed -
which would be 100% easier than bending anything.

Jay