African Tiger back - few questions

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: African Tiger back - few questions
From: derekw@zamnet.zm (Derek White)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:03:23 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi all,

I'm back having survived a pent up Swedish blond, her parents, her mother's
cooking (I've gained 10lbs!), blizzards, "The Storm of the Century" (stuck
in Bordeaux for 3 days resisting the urge to choke the arrogant shit out of
a few French un-civil servants), Lisbon drivers/traffic/cuisine etc. etc.

The highlight (after the pent up Swedish blond) was seeing a few very
special cars in a Swedish friend's collection (the only Ferrari 340 Mexico
Spyder built, two Bugatti Brescias, a Salmson GP, a Riley Brooklands, a very
unique Abbott Detroit, and a handful of pre-war Benzs and Mercedes (some of
them the only examples left.)

I am determined to sell up, leave Zambia and help organise the historic
"Rally of the Midnight Sun" in Sweden/Norway, summer 2001. In the mean time
I must build this tiger...

1)I have this 302 and need to order parts (e-bay, Summit...?) Is the
Edelbrock Performer/Holley 600 a good value, simple set up? What about the
Performer RPM and the Holley 650?

2)Which air cleaner (I will get the standard hood/bonnet so clearance
worries me.)

3)Is there some special front pulley I need to order for the 302 into a tiger?

4)Distributor suggestions.

5) Are there any low cost headers that will fit (I have MIG and TIG welders
so can make changes.)

If any of you have spare engine bits you'd like to sell, let me know. I need
everything but the block, crank, rods and heads! I've ordered the Griffin
aluminum radiator.

I was given a Getrag 5-speed from an Opel Rekord while in Sweden but I was
already 28kgs over my baggage limit (I'll get it sent.) They are easy to
find there. I will get more info from the South African contingent who do
this conversion and share it with the list once I have it.

Cheers, derek

Derek White
Zikomo Brewing Company
Box 31730, Lusaka, Zambia