Re: Dash components trivia questions

To: <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Subject: Re: Dash components trivia questions
From: "cloverdale" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:03:12 -0800
Steve, et al

>> What does the dash mounting hardware look like on a MKI Tiger (non-vinyl
>> dash)?
>
>You mean the middle hang-down brackets, or the BIG Phillips head screws, or
what?
>If you have NO dash mounting hardware, do you mean it has been lost, and
your dash
>is hanging from the wires, or that it was never there?

I have the two bracket "arms" that stick back from the firewall, I have the
little hooks with screw slots on the bottom of the steering column mount and
the clip on nut things for the welded on brackets.  Are there other
brackets?

I don't have any of the dash screws or any bezels or washers that go with
them.  A description of these pieces would be helpful.  The "Big Phillips
head screws"?

>Your "one set dash plug hardware" is not clear...

Steve, I am talking about the small plugs only, not the ones for the clock
or amp gauge.  Also not the cigar lighter plug.  As best as I can tell from
my reference material a stock MKI Tiger should have small plugs in the
following locations...

Aux. Switch at far left (you said the 2-speed blower switch mounts here)

Alpine Overdrive Indicator Lamp

Alpine Choke Lever

I probably can't fit very well behind an installed Tiger dash but since this
is not the case it should be no problem.  As for checking my original dash
for these indications that is fine but a panel with a bunch of holes in it
is not very telling.  The dash was a mess in my car when I got it.  The
panel itself is in shreds, no Phillips screws, etc.  I have one of the small
hole plugs but I  found it at the bottom of a box of parts that came with
the car not in the dash.

Thanks for the help!

Frank
B9471116