Re: Dash components trivia questions

To: cloverdale <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Dash components trivia questions
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 18:27:15 +0000
cloverdale wrote:

> Steve, et al
>
> I have the two bracket "arms" that stick back from the firewall, I have the
> little hooks with screw slots on the bottom of the steering column mount and
> the clip on nut things for the welded on brackets.  Are there other
> brackets?

In the dark, and as I feel around and recall, that's it - with the possible
exception of your "clip-on nut things" may also be on the top of the dash near
the
Speedo and again above the lighter.

> I don't have any of the dash screws or any bezels or washers that go with
> them.  A description of these pieces would be helpful.  The "Big Phillips
> head screws"?

Those are the "dash screws and cup washers" that go in your 'clipping nut
things".

> Steve, I am talking about the small plugs only, not the ones for the clock
> or amp gauge.  Also not the cigar lighter plug.  As best as I can tell from
> my reference material a stock MKI Tiger should have small plugs in the
> following locations...
>
> Aux. Switch at far left (you said the 2-speed blower switch mounts here)
>
> Alpine Overdrive Indicator Lamp
>
> Alpine Choke Lever

Across the bottom, from left to right:

Big Phillips head screw, Windshield Washer Pump, Windshield Wiper Switch,
Steering
wheel with bracketry support, Ignition Key switch, Charge Indicator light, Light
Switch, Blank Plug where Alpine Choke was (black on mine), Panel Light switch,
Cigar lighter, Glove Box, Phillips head screw.

Two more of those screws are at the top of the dash.

There is a Chrome button filling a hole for the Alpine Overdrive Light in the
upper left corner of the dash, with a few more of those lights for high beams
and
turn signals, Then the heater control levers.

Hope that's of some help.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/