inquiry 011800c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 011800c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:29:16 -0600
Mike Wood wrote:
>       The thing that is cool is that none of the LAT
>options were "factory", so you can add to your hearts
>content without taking away from the value of the car.
>This contrasts cars such as the Corvette, where adding
>stuff that wasn't ordered from the factory is not
>acceptable to the purist.

        Out of curiosity; were the LAT options ever listed on the cars'
Monroney labels, if they even used such things back then? I'd guess that it
would add "value" to document that a car was delivered with exactly those
LAT options currently on the car. This is just for conversation's sake; the
Garage Queen ain't for sale, so I'm not really concerned with its "value". I
_do_ wish I knew if the LAT 2 and LAT 5-1/2 on the car when I bought it were
original.

Frank Marrone wrote:
>What does the dash mounting hardware look like on a
>MKI Tiger (non-vinyl dash)?

        Three of those bulged-face ("oval head"?) Phillips (or perhaps
Pozi-Drive, I cannot tell the difference) screws retaining the dash are
_huge_, perhaps about 1/2" across the face. The one at the extreme right is
smaller. If no one has the exact dimensions, let me know, I guess I could
unscrew one to get a thread measurement.
        These were in a 'black' finish on my car, and somewhat corroded. So,
when I re-did the dash, I found the same thing in Stainless and buffed them
until they looked almost like chrome. 2-/2 years later, they still look
great. Non-stock, though.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333