Re: flow kooler water pumps

To: Tiger2@telus.net
Subject: Re: flow kooler water pumps
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:38:58 +0000
Tiger2@telus.net wrote:

> It was always my understanding that the only reason Tiger owners can't run the
> nice high flow street rod pumps is because the "nose" on the pump is too long.
> Please let me know if there is one made that fits behind our rads.
>
> Mike Clark
> B382100417

Mike,

The Edlebrock pump is pricey.  Especially if you want it polished, but they do
have a specific model for the Ford Hi-Po "K" code engines that has a shorter hub
distance (5.16 inches), which appears close to the Factory Manual 5.15 inches
for
the Tiger.  This is, however a bone of contention, as the TE/AE Tech Tips manual
states this number is in error, and should be 4.875 inches.

So this model has the shorter nose, but it should be recalled that the Tiger has
the Hub put on backwards, to get close to the nose.  That's why there's a 1 inch
diameter center extension.  It was on the back of the Ford installation.  This
pump apparently has a short enough nose to allow the hub to be positioned facing
"normally".

So, anyone care to discuss the absolutely correct hub distance?

Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >
                      < and don't let it get away!>

                            _/
                     _/_/_/