Re: flow kooler water pumps

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: flow kooler water pumps
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:57:05 -0500
Bob, sorry for the spelling in the second paragraph, remember I are an
engineer.  It should be heater not header.

With a pool heater, not header, you use a valve before the heater, and
after the pump, to reduce the flow of water to the heater.  You also
provide a bypass for the water so that the total turnover rate of the
circulation system is not effected.

Does this apply to our Ford Tiger engine, well some what.  I want
efficient circulation/flow at low rpm's where the Tiger has its problems.

But, I also don't want to spend the money for the Edlebrock pump, which
is also very efficient pump, with good flow rates, so therefore the use
of the closed impeller on the stamped impeller, at a cost of $6.

After the car is assembled, from it's ground up resto, with the 1990
Mustang engine, and new core radiator, I will tell you if all this Stuff works.

Who knows, you could have the right answer.

Larry