Alternator

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator
From: "Curtis Fisher" <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:21:37 -0800
Listers,
As part of my engine change over to the 5.0 Motorsport engine, I've decided to
keep their stock Explorer water pump and damper.  These items are 5.25 inches
(distance from block), clear the rack and pinion by one inch and easily clear
the radiator. The Explorer water pump is reverse rotation.  I also plan to run
a serpentine belt and alternator.  The one problem that I have not solved is
the alternator....   I need one that is 5.75 inches maximum length including
pulley.  I've looked at many alternators and all are 6 inches or more.  That
extra quarter inch may as well be a mile for how I would like to install this.
Does anyone know of a alternator model that is 5.75 inches or shorter?
This would greatly aid my progress and I will be happy to post some pictures
for others interested in this configuration.  Thanks for any leads!
Curtis Fisher
B9470844