Re: Alternator

To: Curtis Fisher <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:16:41 -0500
Curtis, congrats on the installation.  I am putting a 5.0L with T-5 in
my Tiger, and did not realize that the stock Explorer water pump and
damper would fit in the Tiger.

Have you already put the engine, trans, with water pump and damper in
the car, with the R&P and radiator?

If this fits great.  For my installation, I modified a stock Ford
alternator bracket, to line up perfectly with the water pump and crank
pulley.

The bracket looks like a triangle, and you can purchase it anywhere,
junkyard, etc.  You will need to make a spacer to offset from the bolt
that goes into the right head, and take a hammer to the bracket to
adjust to fit.

If you want a chrome spacer, go to the plumbing dept. of Home Depo,
etc., and there are plenty of pipes in chrome that work, and cheap.  Cut
to fit.

This may seem crude, but it works perfectly, and with the chrome
alternator bracket, for my one wire  alternator, the chrome did not even
crack. Looks right and is sturdy.

Larry