RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger

To: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>,
Subject: RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:34:15 -0800
Theo,

The Washington Post's "Style Invitational" asked readers to take any word
from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting or changing  one
letter, and supply a new definition. There were a lot of very funny ones,
but one of my favorites is:

"Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they
come at you rapidly"

This is one I particularly need to remember while surfing the Web. Well, I
guess I ought to start taking down the outside Christmas lights. My lovely
wife Beckie suggests that next year I put up all red lights and then I can
leave them up until Valentine's Day. Hell, I think I'll use red, white, and
blue bulbs and leave 'em up 'till the Fourth of July!

Brgds,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES