Re: Attaching Roll Bars

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attaching Roll Bars
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:22:15 EST
>>Anyone been here done this before?  Any suggestions?

Jay,

In spite of how hopeless it looks, you CAN get washers and nuts up there and
complete the installation with the provided hardware.  I've done it on both the
Mk I Tiger and the Series II Alpine--battery box and all.  I also did it the
first time-around with the Mk II autocrosser.  But then a couple of years later
I got into a bit of a "thing" with the SCCA and edded up using a chisle to open
up a quarter-inch slot, three or four inches long, in the rear-most vertical
wall of that box structure so I could slide a back-up plate inside there.

Even then, though, you still have to contend with stuff like tape on a stick or
something to get the nut and washers mated up to the bolt.  It's not easy.  But
it is not impossible.

Ramon