windage tray mounting

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: windage tray mounting
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:25:09 -0700
Hi Listers,

So I finally received my Canton oil pan today, and it certainly looks
like an impressive piece. I also ordered their matching oil pump pickup,
windage tray, and windage tray mounting kit. The mounting kit consists
of four studs to replace the #2 and #4 main bearing cap bolts, and a
pair of nuts each to retain the bearing caps and then jam-nut the
windage tray on.

So my question is: What's the best method for mounting the studs? Should
I use threadlocker on the studs into the block?
And another one: The studs have coarse thread where they thread into the
block, and fine thread on the nut side. So should I use the standard
torque setting? What about for the windage tray nuts?

Regards,
Theo
tsmit@home.com
tsmit@isotel.com