VIN #, Brakes, Wheels etc.

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: VIN #, Brakes, Wheels etc.
From: "TOM WITT" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:54:34 -0800
1. I recently acquired a 65 Mk1 Tiger. I found a can  of Dot 3 brake fluid
in the car. I suspect that someone used this. Can a Tiger use Dot 3 brake
fluid? If not what an I do to fix this?

2. Has anyone come up with an economical replacement for the Sunbeam servo
booster. I installed disc brakes on a 63 Rambler and used a dual master
cylinder with out a booster. (from a Pacer- yikes)

3.  I California what are Tigers registered under, the B947----- # or the
JAL #?

4. The car is reported to have a HI-PO 289. I know about the distributor and
the balancer, but is there a number on the block (where and what should it
be)?

5 My car has the same rims as one of those dark blue Harrington Tigers,
Calif. license # "HARNGTN". Are they rare and what are they  called.

 Thanks to all that can help as I learn about these cars, Tom Witt