Re: VIN #, Brakes, Wheels etc.

To: Laifman@flash.net, wittsend@jps.net
Subject: Re: VIN #, Brakes, Wheels etc.
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:20:22 EST
In a message dated 02/11/2000 10:26:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Laifman@Flash.Net writes:

<< "One" of those dark blue Harrington Tigers?  There is only one, B9472164
owned by
 Bill Van Velkinburg in California. Those are nice looking wheels, and since
 Harringtons are usually built-to-order they may have been 'stock' for that
car.  I
 think I've seen them on other vehicles, but don't know their origin.

I concur with all of Steve's comments, the only addition I can make regards
the wheels. If memory serves me (I've only seen Bill's car a couple of dozen
times...), the car is fitted with Cosmic road wheels. These were very popular
in the '60s, finding there way onto a number of British cars, particularly
Triumph Spitfires and GT6s. They were sold in the U.S. through companies like
MG Mitten and Vilem Haan.
Mike