Re: Koni version of Traction Masters

To: Carl Halgren <cghalgren@home.com>
Subject: Re: Koni version of Traction Masters
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:36:49 +0000
Karl,

My Koni's dont have a bulge.  A dampened wind-up control sounds interesting.

The Alpine Traction Masters (wish I have NOS originals in the original box)
mounted just below the front spring hanger, eliminating the axle  control fight.
The front spring eye brackets are the weld-on front mount location.  Probably
needs some additional metal plate around the mounts to make it stronger.

There is no need to worry about wheel clearance on any of the Traction Masters,
as
they are narrower than, and right under the spring, which would hit first.
There
is a little ground clearance change, but the rear exhaust tips are more likely
his something than the Traction Masters.

Those would have to be pretty highly dampened shocks, and take bending loads as
well.  The Traction Masters have 1 inch pipe, and some of the weld-ons seem to
bend.  This may be because they are fighting the spring path, more than the
compression load buckling.  But it is a consideration.

--
Steve