Re: Koni version of Traction Masters

To: jpmorrison@erols.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Koni version of Traction Masters
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:14:25 EST
In a message dated 2/18/00 5:02:36 PM EST, jpmorrison@erols.com writes:

<< I have the Barry Schonberger setup and CAT leaf springs on my 1966 Mk1A
with
 a strong 302 engine.  It does not do a very good job of preventing wheel
 hop.  I had the traction master type system on my former Tiger and it worked
 much better. >>

Near as I can recall, when Barry started hawkin' that set-up, it was based on
the Mustang "quad-shock" thing-a-ma-jiggies.  We have those on Theresia's '89
5.0/GT, and they work damn-good there.

But I've never heard any reports, from anybody, that they work at all on a
Tiger.

What gives?

Something's funny.

'bout the only thing I can come up with is the fact that the Mustang has coil
springs and the Tiger has leaf springs.  Wouldn't that have something to do
with what works  and what doesn't?

Ramon