Re: curiosity

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: curiosity
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:57:46 +0000
Bob has good advice. (attached below message)

I wonder how much you can stroke a 260 before your crank is hitting the block?
Stroker cranks already made for 289/302's are a bolt-in, but watch the balance
weight.  A little dynamic balancing, and some lead in the crank never hurts.

PAW offers a 355 CID short and long block kit using a 302 +0.030 block, 3.48
stroke (stock is 3.00), Factory forged steel shot peened rods with special pins
and bolts, Hypereutectic pistons, sealed power  stainless + iron rings, Clevite
77
bearings, choice of cams, chains, gears, electronically balanced.  Available in
.040 and .060 overbore for another 5 CID (Don't do it).  This is a short-block
kit
for $2895, or a long block with 1.94/1.60 valves etc. for $3395.

Now that 3.48 stroke on your 260's 3.8 bore will give you 316 CID.  Not too
shabby, and the 260 block does have thicker walls than a 289 (but not enough
for a
4.0 in bore, but enough more that the factory will allow 0.060 overbore on a
260,
but only 0.040 on a 289.  Check the Tiger Workshop Manual (2nd edition covering
both MkI thru MkII).

A complete new Ford Motorsport 302 with roller cam and aluminum GT-40 heads is
$2995, (315 HP), and a 351 version, with 385 hP is $4695, New.

I'd much prefer the Ferrari V-12, or at least a Viper V-10.  {9->

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/