Re: Paint chips in my fuel!!

To: Doug Clark <dougmclark@hotmail.com>, Tiger World <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint chips in my fuel!!
From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:23:34 -0500
Hello Doug,

I had the same problem with my Tiger, but with rust flakes. What solved the
problem was getting the tanks Redi-stripped, then sealing (inside & outside)
with a marine paint made by Pettit called "Rust-Lok". The local vintage bike
crowd has been using it for years with great result. Rust-Lok dries as hard as
granite and is completely unaffected by fuels, solvent, additives, etc. It's
epoxy based, so you can paint over it with any epoxy based finishes.

Nothing but clean fuel since, and the tanks are protected from further rusting.

Good luck

Peter S.
B9471799