Re: Engine rebuild advice sought

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild advice sought
From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:16:22 -0800
I bet the gas mileage issues with your current set up can largely be
contributed
to the mechanical advance distributor.  Go to some combination Mech/vac and
you'll find the gas mileage goes up.  I saw my MGB go from 22 or so down to
15-16 with the change from vac to mech.  Car timing always stays in advanced
state like your always accelerating.  Wouldn't trade it as it pulled
together
all the performance mods I had done (carb/headers/cam).  But in the future
I would look for a mech/vac combination distributor.