Re: Header / oil filter clearance

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Steve Lemp" <steve@ramus.com>
Subject: Re: Header / oil filter clearance
From: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:59:23 -0800
the total hieght is about 1.75 - 2.25 inches ( cant't ge a measuring tape
down there). the hose connections come off of each side at right angles, for
a total of four connections. two send two return. you use the ones you want
and block the other with supplied plugs. there is plenty of material for
grinding or modifing if needed. this setup would be great for an inline
cooler. the adapter screws on as a filter would. if using thew original
setup you would need to purchase an union from ford. they are almost all the
same for V8's or inline 6's. you can adjust the union to aim you hoses which
ever way you desire. i bought them from jegs. i have had bad luck at summit
and the customer service is poor compared to jegs. so here are the jegs part
numbers.
771 10695 universal oil filter kit  $36.99
771 2791 spin on adapter  $19.99
i hope this helps
Chris
In Hawaii