Re: Clutch Slave

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:46:49 +0000
A great thank you for Bob's data and calculations for our files.

Another thought, depending on your need,  is that the replacement kits and brand
new clutch and brake units are still available and 'reasonable' prices.  I
replaced both the clutch slave and master, and used DOT 5 silicon.  Haven't got
the nerve up to try the brakes, yet, but the clutch seems fine.

One additional note of interest for the Master Cylinders, both brake and clutch,
or the kits.  The 'Universal Pedal Fork', that is adjustable with threaded rod
and
clevis, ISN'T.  The clevis simply can not be screwed down far enough on the rod
be short enough to replace the stock unit.  I removed to original one piece
clevis-rod-button and worked it through the new rubber end cap, after removing
the
new threaded  rod/end.  Yes, Virginia, you CAN get a 1 inch disc through a 1/4
inch hole!!!!  Just use some brake fluid as a lubricant, and the rubber will
stretch over the old fork button end.

Same idea with the shifter boot and the shift knob and reverse "T".  That small
shaft sized hole will let the other stuff through, if you stretch it over, a
little at a time.

Note: No 'dirty' thoughts now!.  None were intended.

--
Steve