RE: Clutch Slave

To: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>,
Subject: RE: Clutch Slave
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:02:21 -0800
Theo,

Now that's what I call a "clerical error"!!  My SS and other Tiger
expenditures is a "vice" I try to keep as much as possible to myself. That
great book by Roger Welsch, Old Tractors and the Men Who Love Them,
Includes "Roger's Rules for Collecting Old Iron (and Living with Your
Spouse)", Rule #5 of which is: "Pay for tractors with a cashier's check,
postal money order, or cash, which leave far less evidence than checks
drawn on the family account. Once you have gotten possession of a tractor
and paid for it, eat the stubs, carbon copies, or receipts immediately.
Such things have a way of becoming an embarrassment later, take it from
me." The other nine rules are equally sage.

TTFN,

Bob