Re: 351 Windsor Heads

To: twojohnsons@home.com
Subject: Re: 351 Windsor Heads
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:39:57 EST
In a message dated 03/24/2000 5:47:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
twojohnsons@home.com writes:

> Listers, did I forget anything except the 1969 head number?

Yes, but that's OK.  We all knew that you were just having another "Laifman"
moment when you said "slots, not holes" in 351 heads. Of course, its "t'other
way 'round."

BTW, the part no. for the 69 heads is C9OZ-6049-F. When used with forged TRW
pop-up pistons, compression ratio ends up at about 10.5:1.  Ford offered
similar cast pistons through their Muscle Parts program (R.H. part no.
C9OZ-6109-AB, L.H. part no. C9OZ-6109-C), but stay away from these even if
you should happen to come across a rare set.  I can tell you from experience
that these were similar to the Boss 302's.  That is, the skirts developed
hairline cracks, broke off, and ended up in the oil pan!

Let's see.  Did I forget anything?

Dick