softop problems

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: softop problems
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:37:39 -0500
After 20+ years with only a hardtop, my car now has a softop. However, I
have a couple of problems that I hope someone can enlighten me on.First, &
most puzzeling, the frame is too high at the back of the windows. There is
about 1/4" gap between the top of the door window glass & the top frame. The
frame fits correctly at the front by the windshield, and the windows fit
properly to the hardtop. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment to lower
the frame closer to the body. Anybody have any good ideas about this?
    My second problem is a lot easier. The new top came with 2 lift-the-dots
and 4 snaps. I assume that these are to hold down the flaps behind the
doors, but I do not have any hardware on the car to attach them to. What
fastener goes in what position? The holes the hardware would go into have
been filled, so measurements would be helpful,if someone would measure their
snap & lift-the-dot positions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, & Happy Motoring
Doug Leithauser