Clutch master cylinder rebuild confusion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch master cylinder rebuild confusion
From: Mario E Jorquera <suntiger8@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:14:53 +0000
While I had my car laid up for the water pump replacement, I went ahead
and rebuilt the clutch master and slave cylinders.  However when I opened
up the master cylinder rebuild kit I got from Rick at SS, it had an extra
piece.  The kit has the boot, the small washer-like rubber "valve head,"
the rubber plunger that goes on the piston, and the gasket for the
reservoir lid.  However, it also has this other 1/2 in outside dia, 3/8"
inside dia, 1/8" thick washer like rubber piece (looks like a faucet
washer).  I did not see such a part come out of the original setup, and
the diagram in my book does not show it.  Does anybody out there in
Tigerland know where it goes?  I'd hate to put it all together and find
out I needed to replace this crucial piece!

Thanks in advance,

Mario
B1472339
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.