Re: Tiger Parts from MGBs

To: les.mcclelland@wcom.com
Subject: Re: Tiger Parts from MGBs
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:50:48 -0400
At 01:17 PM 3/30/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>James,
>
>I saw your post on the Tiger list and have a question for you. What other
>parts are interchangeable from the MGBs?
>
>Thanks
>
>Les McClelland
        The blower motor is the same. The gauges are similar. The MGB
has a lot of bolts sized 1/4-28 just like the Tiger. The MGB also used
Girling brake parts, however the calipers and disks were different.
The MGB is covered with Lucus wiring with bullet connectors if you
need such a thing.  The spiral cable for the windshield wipers
is interchangeable if you cut it to length.  Most of the mechechism
under the dash for the wiper drive is similar or identical to the
Tiger, however the tubes for the spiral cable are a different length.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others