Car Craft

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Craft
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:17:59 -0500
Listers,
I realize that it may not be "Sports Car International" But there is some
great articles on degreeing cams and the effects of cam profiles with
different .... Dare I say it..... "ROD STROKE RATIOS" in this months Car
Craft Magazine. I skipped all the boy Racer stuff and thoroughly enjoyed the
articles. For the most part the articles are pretty accurate. It was
interesting to note that there is a dyno test that measures the HP cost of a
six Blade fan and states that you can pick up 40HP by going to an electric
fan. This assumes that there dyno is accurate enough to measure the 1HP cost
of running an alternator.
This should stimulate some conversation.
Regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680