cooling...again

To: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling...again
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 23 Apr 00 06:05:46 PDT
Steve:

Would you please send me a copy of your treatise on cooling? I have the Modine
core info, but you had a much more complete story that is cuurently on my
wife's cooked HD.

I am currently running a radiator bought in '88 from Jim Wallace that was a
big improvement over stock,but still marginal on hot days in heavy traffic.

Ah, those memorable moments of being stuck in traffic on a 95 degree day with
a 75 degree dewpoint with the top up due to an approaching thunderstorm and
the heat from the supplemental cooling system (re heater)scalding my bare
leg.

Last year was very marginal the few times I had the car out and yesterday I
started it to warm up the oil for an oil change, and it promptly raced up to
230 (stuck thermostat), plus the waterpump sounded like it had marbles it it.
Time for the 100% effort.

Any thoughts on waterpumps? I would like to buy new if possible rather than a
rebuild using a suspect core and cheap bearings.

Bob Melusky