RE: tiger cooling

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tiger cooling
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 06:49:42 -0700
Chris,

For my money, the best way to go is to upgrade the radiator to a modern "H"
or hi-efficiency core as Steve Laifman has recommended.  However, the REAL
key for the fix on my car was a modified Ford fan blade, specifically:
(CF-09DE-A) along with the full Tiger fan shroud.  The blade must be trimmed
slightly to clear the steering rack.  This is best done by a machine shop
that can assure it is properly balanced to reduce wear on your water pump.
The only problem is finding these fan blades, as Ford discontinued them a
number of years ago.  I would suggest the junkyard, where you will be
looking for the fan off a 70's Maverick or Granada with air conditioning.
Never know, you may find a bunch over there in Hawaii, we seem to be tapped
out here on the mainland.  Another "bolt-on" option that has been put forth
which I have not tried is a Volvo fan blade that has a very similar pitch to
the Fomoco.

It can be done!  Reducing the "hot" Tiger....by a number of "modernizing"
techniques.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373