Painting the Spare

To: "Margi & Norm Miller" <rootes1@best.com>,
Subject: Painting the Spare
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:47:40 -0600
Hi Norm & Lister,

    Need some input. I have been going through touching up the little things
and am down to the spare. I still have the original spare that has never
been used. I need to touch up the paint (repaint) the wheel. Everything else
in the trunk has been done and makes the wheel look really bad. The problem
I'm having is painting over a number written on the backside of the rim in
the yellow crayon or paint. Is this number of any significant value or was
this put there at a later date by someone else? Would hate to paint over
something that was from the factory. Is there something I could apply to the
letters and numbers to keep them from getting paint on them that I could
easily remove after painting? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Dan Eiland