Re: Painting the Spare

To: <Laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Painting the Spare
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:58:08 -0600
Steve,

    I could easily be wrong on this, but I bought the car from the original
owner who says it is the original spare from the factory. Or at least it was
like that when he bought the car 33 years ago from Larry Reed. The spare
still has the little knobbies on it so I'd say it has never been used. My
fuel tanks have a similar marking on them but looks like a brush mark using
the same color paint but no number. I do agree with you that it reminds me
of the alpha numeric numbers you always see from the-----How did you say
it, -"Previously Owned OEM Parts Distributors." I just know as soon as I
repaint the rim and paint over the number I'll find out I just devalued my
car $1000.00 for covering up some original rare factory marking. You know
the story. We all do. Wish I knew what to do. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

Dan Eiland