Re: Dashpad

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Dashpad
From: "Jan Sven-Erik Harde" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:01:31 -0700
Dear Daniel,

DO NOT WORRY,,, It is NOT that big a deal ...

1) Go to your local ACE hardware or auto paint shop or auto upholstery shop,
purchase a can of:
     3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, part # 051135-08984.
     This product is XLNT, it will do the job, it will NEVER hurt paint, you
can get gum out of hair, road tar off the paint, glue off of boxes,
     bumper stickers and so much more...

2) No you do not have to cut out for the frame, just cut where the bolts go
through.

3) To glue it down, purchase either 3M Fast Tack Trim Adhesive part #
051135-08031 or go to Pep Boys and get a spray bottle of:
      HEADS  UP Headliner adhesive, comes in a 20 oz. or so adjustable flow
spray can, this is OUTSTANDING stuff, and sells for about
      $ 4.99 per can, it is the SAME as the 3M spray, and made by them, and
the 3M sells for $ 17.99 per can....
      The part/SKU # is: 41415-98080

4) Removing the wood is a good idea, makes it a much cleaner job indeed.

Best of LUCK & call me if you need any additional help O.K.

Warmest Regards & have a GREAT weekend all.

Jan Harde...