Alpine parts cars in Alabama

To: alpines@autox.team.net (Alpines), tigers@autox.team.net (Tigers)
Subject: Alpine parts cars in Alabama
From: tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Sun, 14 May 00 11:49:10 CDT
A week or two ago I mentioned a couple of Sunbeam parts cars for sale
in Alabama.  Yesterday I drove my Interceptor to the 9th annual sports
car show at Tannehill State Park.  A lovely show, over 100 cars.  The
only Sunbeam there was the gorgeous black '67 Tiger of David Lamb,
which took 1st place in the "British-Other" category.

After the show I drove the extra 35 miles to the guy's house to see
the parts cars.  He wasn't going to be home, but said feel free to
have a look.  Both cars are series 5 Alpines.  They are in VERY rough
shape.  They have been sitting outside for what appears to be a very
long time.  Both are too far gone to even think about restoring.  But
there are some salvagable parts on both cars.

Here more details about each car and what looks usable.   If I don't
mention it specifically, then it's either not there or so far gone as
to be unusable.  I took a few pictures, when I get them developed &
scanned I'll post another message.

B395008410 LRX
        no engine
        has a transmission
        steering box
        oil cooler
        brake master cylinder
        dashboard is there, with most guages, no speedometer
        doors, hood and trunk lids have surface rust but are solid
        steel wheels look restorable, hubs are probably OK
        quarter-light windows & frames are good
        windscreen motor is in there
        driveshaft, diff, and rear axle are there
        front suspension is usable
        steering wheel is very rough but fixable

B395016413 LRX
        engine compartment and tranny look complete, I didn't get the
                engine number
        steel wheels look usable, hubs are probably OK
        doors, hood and trunk lids have surface rust but are solid
        front & rear bumpers look surprisingly good
        there is an extra head in the passenger compartment that looks
                rough but repairable
        top frame has surface rust but looks solid
        driveshaft, diff, and rear axle are there
        front suspension is usable
        windscreen is gone but frame looks usable

If you need/want any parts from these cars, contact Kenny Phillips at
205-339-2551 or singingfir@aol.com.  Cars are located near Tuscaloosa,
Alabama.

I've got dibs on one of the driveshafts.

--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com