RE: wakiki beach

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wakiki beach
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:44:14 -0700
Chris,

I have the 600 cfm double-pumper on my car and the best I have ever been
able to tweak out of it is 13 mpg.

In speaking with others more knowledgeable on the subject than I, many have
recommended a 500 cfm alternative with vacuum secondaries.  The 450 cfm is
probably closer to stock though.  My understanding is that if you go with
the lower volume carb with vacuum secondaries that you will experience a
significant increase in mileage without a substantial loss of performance,
but I have not had a chance to experiment with this as of yet.  Hey, so it
costs you $40 in a rebuild kit for the 450.  Check it out and give us a
holler as to your results.  I would not throw out the double-pumper until
you find out for sure.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373