Re: wakiki beach

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: wakiki beach
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:23:06 -0400
Chris,
        If you "romp on it" all the way cross country then
your milage will suffer.  With my 351C with a 650 double
pumper and 4 speed I got 13.5 to 14 mpg in town and
19 on the road.  With the C4 automatic I put in I
only get 11 around town.  With the original 289 and the
original 2 barrel I got 27 mpg on a 1800 mile cross country
run at a steady 80 mph or so with two passengers and a
totally loaded trunk, and 19 mpg in town.

At 09:01 PM 5/29/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>well today i took the tiger, girlfriend and her daughter to wakiki beach. it
>is about a 22 mile round trip or so. i do not have a fuel gauge so i decided
>to fill up before i left for the beach and before i made the trip home. i
>used 3.3 gallons on a 11 mile trip! i did romp on it a couple times just for
>fun. anyway that is alot of gas to be drinking when i plan to drive from
>L.A. to Texas. i have a holley off of a 84 mustang, a 600 vacum secondary,
>and a 450 cfm vacum secondary. which one would offer the best performance
>and MILEAGE after i rebuilt it? i would hate to see my gas bill across the
>U.S. in august at 4 mpg.
>thanks
>chris in hawaii

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others