Re:

To: PLRRESTO@aol.com
Subject: Re:
From: SJC <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 00:04:54 -0700

PLRRESTO@aol.com wrote:

According to Dan Walters there is one

> guy trying to get his car TACed. Beyond that I have not heard any evidence
> that there is any more interest. Dan informs me that CAT isn't doing much
> these days and that their events and meetings are sparsely
> attended.........................

Paul:
Dan's right about the monthly  meetings at the CAT warehouse. Maybe ten people
(and less sometimes) and two or three Sunbeams. At our every other month or so
dinner meetings, though, we usually have anywhere from 20-30 people and nine or
ten Sunbeams, and the annual Christmas party usually gets about 50 people.

I think part of the problem in Southern California is the increasing congestion
and traffic and more and more people don't want to fight that. There's a lot of
distance to cover getting to the meetings and a lot of traffic jams on the way.
remember years ago it wasn't unusual to get 40-50 people to show up for the
monthly meetings, but again, there was less traffic and less people to contend
with.

Steve Sage