Pain in the rearend

To: Tigers submission <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pain in the rearend
From: Harry Elam <HBElam@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 05:39:08 -0400
Tim Witt and list,

Some years back I worried about my axle bearings being 20 years old
and decided to pursue someone to do it.  I remembered that a place
in Newport R.I. was a Rootes dealership.  When I visited, I found that
they still had the special tool designed to remove Tiger hubs.  Now
in the DC area I can't check but the name of the place was Ray Motors
and the 2nd generation owner was George Ray.  At that time he still
had some parts in the attic.  If there are any R.I. list members, maybe
we could check it out.
I apologise up front, I fixed my axle bearings with a check book and
never saw Ray Motor's special axle tool.
Congratulations to you,
Tim for being so innovative.

Harry Elam
B382000471 178K mi