Re: [Re: Cooling system]

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>, bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Cooling system]
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 21 Jun 00 09:06:25 PDT
Hi Bob

I am using an Autometer temp gauge, although I have never calibrated it.
The temp sensor is on the driver side of my Performer manifold, so it is not
in the ideal, just before the thermostat location.

I am using 50/50 coolant mix. Even though I heat my garage, I can't risk a
freeze in the event of a winter power failure.

Good point on the bypass. If the thermostat is doing the job, the engine will
be operating at the optimal temperature without hot spots. I used to run a
160, but all that did was make the car run too cool in cold weather and did
nothing to keep it close to 200 on hot days. I'll find out more as the weather
heats up.

Bob Melusky