inquiry 062800b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 062800b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:29:17 -0500
        Kevin Meek wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:
>> Anyone know the Tiger owner who converted a cooler
>> into an air conditioner? He would fill the cooler with ice
>> and then had a 12 volt fan in the top that would suck air
>> across the ice and blow it into the car.
>I haven't seen that approach, but I did see another Tiger where
>the owner made up a similar system which cycled the ice chest
>water through a heater core & blower.  I made up a system like
>that for my Tiger...it worked great, but on the one trip we
>used it on, it cost us more $ for ice than gasoline!

        So this is a system to continuously blow moist air into the car. I
don't think I'd have the courage to install such a thing. :^)

        On the 18th I went to a local car show which was rained out. Susan
wanted me to turn on the heat to dry her out on the way home; well it
knocked the chill off in the footwells, anyway. The event was re-held on the
25th and I drove up there again (Susan, smarter than I, stayed home) after
7-8 miles in the 90-degree+ heat, I was roasting. Yup, I had forgotten to
turn the heat off, and the heater, in addition to the engine heat and the
heat radiating off the traffic on Interstate 95, all conspired to cook me.

        Larry Wright
        "I can't get no -- Satis-Traction"