Re: mkII in hawaii

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mkII in hawaii
From: ZUKPJ86@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 07:32:11 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/00 10:26:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com writes:

<< well after a long search I found a MKII in Hawaii. the owner was a great
 help and showed me his car. it only has 70k miles on it and it is a 20 year
 old restoration. it still looks nice. to top it all off after a year long
 search he only lives a mile from me. I drove my tiger over with a bad pos
 wire and we just BS'd for a while. there was more damage in my fire, the alt
 now has a blown diode. this is the second one in two months. can I replace
 the diode or just buy a new alt.
 thanks >>

You can actually change out the diodes, and it used to be a fairly cheap
ordeal.
Your bigger problem maybe finding  someone who sells the diodes, most of
course want to sell another alternator

I did this years ago, at that time, here on the East Coast I found a set at
"Pep Boys". They sold the whole set already mounted to the backing plate, you
just put it in and you were set.

Anybody know a good source for these ? Maybe Ford still has them?

Paul in PA
382001944