Tiger Buying Questions

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Buying Questions
From: "Martin Hamm" <mmhamm@classic-mfg.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:13:07 -0500
I have found a tiger for sale, and am wondering a couple of things:

What is the easiest ways to determine if it is a real Tiger and not an
Alpine conversion?

What particular areas of the body should I look at for rust?

Are there any parts that are impossible to find, that I should watch out
for?

This car has no powertrain, so as long as I don't want an authentic piece, I
am assuming that any mid-sixties 260/289/302 will fit.  Is this a correct
assumption?

what about the tranny.
I have seen them with toploader 4-speeds, but am not sure if this was stock.

Any help would bee appreciated.

Thanks.