RE: Lubricants

To: <Hal436@aol.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lubricants
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:08:08 -0700
Nope, it is not the same.

IMHO, you should use DOT 5 (and NOT silicone based as it does not hold up to
the heat.)

And yes, Lucas still makes the stuff though it can be a bit hard to find.
Some Euro/Asian auto performance shops carry the stuff.  I picked mine up at
a shop in San Juan Capistrano, CA.

>From the 1 litre bottle on my shelf:  LUCAS DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid, PBF501.
SKU# 5-012445-076125

Hope this helps.