Re: tiger clutch dosn't feel right

To: Donovan Smith <donscr8@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: tiger clutch dosn't feel right
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:45:45 -0700
Donovan,

"the clutch pedal is low to the ground if you let it out" This tells me
there is something wrong with your clutch master cylinder. The pedal should
always return to the full out position and produce pressure immediately
when you start applying your foot. That is, unless you or someone else has
added a spring to retract the clutch arm. Is there a lot of free play in
the pedal before it starts to push on the clutch arm, or does the pedal
just not return to its full out position? I have had this problem myself
and I believe in my case that it was related to the valve between the
reservoir and the piston. I could also be caused by a plugged air vent on
reservoir cap, which is real easy to check; just loosen the cap.

If you, or anyone else, needs more travel at the slave cylinder, you can
use an Alpine master cylinder which has a 1/8" larger bore. It doesn't seem
like much, but it makes a pretty significant difference in how far the
slave piston moves relative to the master cylinder and pedal.

Bob