Re: [Re: Thanks - but not so fast!]

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Thanks - but not so fast!]
From: bob melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: 8 Aug 00 10:14:06 PDT
Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net> wrote:
"Ronak, TP (Timothy)" wrote:

> I hope to get started on this ASAP and just so I am clear I would like to
> "bolt in" the 302 in the place of the 260

Some have successfully rebuilt their 260's with a longer stroke 302 cranks
and had good results.  Talk to Allan Connell.

Steve

Plus you can put 302 rods and crank into a 5 bolt 289 (rare, but available)
and make it a 302.
Then everything appears to be stock. Still need to be aware of flywheel,
harmonic balancer and the proper number of teeth on the ring gear so the
starter engages. Go armed with Tom Monroe's How To book if you tread in these
murky waters and you will get the correct information.

melusky

melusky