Still Stuck Hood

To: "'Tiger Mail List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still Stuck Hood
From: Les McClelland <les.mcclelland@wcom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:08:18 -0500
Listers,

I requested info sometime back for help with this problem and received many
replies, but none have worked. I have unbolted the hood, and have pushed,
pulled, slid, pressed, and done just about everything else to it including
trying to pry it open...it will not break loose from the lock or safety
hook. I have had several people at a time try to tilt and otherwise shift
its position sufficiently enough to get it open but to no avail. The opening
mechanism is a solid rod that is functioning correctly, or should I say it
is still in one piece.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Can someone provide a drawing or
picture of the hood assembly and the locking mechanism including detailed
measurements from the side and back (passenger compartment) so I will know
exactly where to apply pressure or to use a tool? Also, if you have any
ideas of a particular tool that might work that would help. I really do not
want to cut the hood off.

Yours in frustration!!!

Les McClelland
Tulsa, OK