spelling bee

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: spelling bee
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:24:05 -0700
To da list,
     I have a small but I hope not completely unique problem.  My car is a
Mk. 1, but with an S5 front clip on it.  The S5 has no letters on the small
crossbar in front above the air intake, but my car should.  The crossbar is
in fairly rough shape and is presently undergoing  cosmetic surgery.  When
it's done I'd like to put the 'Sunbeam' where it belongs.  This is made
easier by the fact that the access holes through the (2nd layer) sheet metal
backing the crossbar which allow the fasteners to be put onto the backs of
the letters are surprisingly enough extant.  But I still have no idea how to
locate the mounting holes for the letters on the top of the crossbar.  Has
anyone ever done this.  Would a template be accurate enough?  Has anyone
made one.  Also, does anyone have any spare letters.  I'm missing all the
front ones (not too bad really, at one point, I was missing all the front!)
and the 'M' (missing) and the 'B' (broken) on the trunk.  any help would be
appreciated!

Chris Hill