Re: Clutch Master

To: nick kintner <nlkin@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Master
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:37:04 -0700
nick kintner wrote:

> Planning on putting wire wheels on the tiger. Will the hubs off a alpine fit
> or is there a better solution. What should the offset be for a 14x6 wheel?
> Any good sorces for new wire wheels would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick

Well, looks like I'm the one getting all the questions.

In this case I have the answer.

The front Alpine stuff will fit fine, as (I think, but will have to verify,
will the rear).  Forget a 14x6 wheel, the hubs wont fit anything but the 13"
size spline length.

Even if you managed to do it, it will really look great in your driveway.  Take

plenty of pictures.

When you drive off for the first time, and use some of that Tiger's power, you
will find out why they were never offered as you pull the spokes from the rim
and hub, and rip up the small splines.

Go to the American manufacturers, like Dayton, who make the big spoke
knock-offs with BIG gear drive, if that's what you want.  About
$500-$750/wheel. Maybe a used Mercedes set would be available at a wheel store,

as they are going "out-of-style" on those. some adapter hole pattern machining
may be
required.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/