Radioactive red pellets

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Radioactive red pellets
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:57:02 EDT
Time to wake the net up.  Please comment on the following.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL

   RADIOACTIVE PINK PELLETS OR RED LINE COOLING SYSTEM PELLETS

   Years ago I submitted a bottle of the infamous pink pellets to my
company's
   labs for analysis.   Here's what the lab found:

   The pink pellets are basically molydate, borate, phosphate, silicate,
   and nitrate.  They act as a simple corrosion inhibitor.  The chemists
   offered the following information.

   Water is the best heat transfer agent available for an engine.  But
   pure water contains nothing to prevent corrosion, protect the
   dissimilar metals, lubricate the water pump, stop from freezing. etc.
   By adding a radiator cap, the boiling point of water is raised about
   3 degrees per pound.  A 15 pound cap adds about 45 degrees to the
   boiling point of water meaning about a 257 degree boiling point.

   A 50/50 water antifreeze does not have the heat transfer rate of
   water alone.  It's the ethlyene glychol in the antifreeze that causes
   the heat transfer to fall.  But it is also the ethylene gychol that
   causes the water to not freeze.  Antifreeze also contains additives to
   lubricate the water pump, protect against corrosion, etc.

   This product is an attempt to prevent corrosion and lubricate the
   water pump.  To get the best heat transfer rate from this product you
   must drain your coolant and refill with water(not distilled) and this
product.
   But when freezing weather approaches you have to drain your system
   and refill with antifreeze and water.  This product will not raise the
boiling
   point of the coolant.  That's the function of the radiator cap.

   Race cars can benefit from this product as it will cool better than
   water/antifreeze.  But don't race in sub zero temperatures.

   Adding this product to a solution of water/antifreeze does nothing
   but waste your money.  In fact there may be a problem with adding
   this product to a water/antifreeze solution.  I address that in another
   tip if anyone cares.