Chrome

To: "Tigers@autox.team.net" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chrome
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:45:27 -0400
Hi Group.  I just got my chrome work back from Astro Plating, and Wow,
am I happy.  I have been looking around for 4 years, to find a chrome
plating place to do my bumpers, pot metal that I could not buy new, and
other parts not available.

I have gone to auto shows, asked owners who have nice chrome work, other
Tiger owners, etc, etc, etc.

Jan Hardee and Steve Laifman recommended Astro Plating, and Jan has done
an incredible amount of plating through Astro.

So I took the plunge, packaged my bumpers, and parts up, and sent them
from the East coast to CA to have them plated.  A test of Faith, as
these are the only parts I have, and I can't go see what's happening.
Very hard for me.

Bottom line.  Parts are True Show Quality, with that deeeeeeeeeep chrome
look. You know what I mean, as you have seen it before.

Cost?  Reasonable, and in some cases, less than I expected, from the
experience of others in our area.  Surprise that Calf can do plating
with all the emission laws, while the places in the east coast are
shutting down.

It cost me extra to send the parts, mostly the bumpers, to the west
coast, but I feel the quality was what anyone would look for, and the
price was reasonable.

They say that when people look at cars, they look at the paint and
chrome, the engine, and the interior in that order.  Well, I am now very
happy with the first look-see, which has been done by Pro's, the chrome
and paint complement each other.

A Big Thank You to Jan Hardee, and Steve Laifman for the recommendation
and Thanks Jan for the help on both the chrome and classic auto
insurance recommendations.  Both really worked out as anyone would want it.

Larry